In the Czech republic, the tradition of manufacturing tools/instruments and implants for bone surgery goes back to this mid-1920’s. As early as in the 1950’s, metallurgists began to work, in collaboration with orthopedists, on development of specific materials with good compatibility with human organism, i.e., suitable for manufacture of implants. The firm commissioned with the project for designing and manufacturing such materials and products at that time was POLDI SONP in Kladno which picked up the challenge. Developmental activities evolved so successfully that an independent workshop, “Surgery”, was established towards the end of the 1960’s, which began to manufacture, in the 1970 – 1980’s, artificial devices under brand names POLDI 1 – POLDI 7, both for internal and external osteosynthesis and hip joint replacement. Constant development and growth of production eventually called for and led to complete detachment of the “Surgery” workshop and construction of a new building away from the POLDI plant.
The facility was then headed by Stanislav Beznoska, who retired soon thereafter, in 1990. However, his retirement was not to last very long.
In 1991, a major privatization wave takes place and Stanislav Beznoska decides to make use of his many years of experience. He presents the winning privatization project. Thus, at the beginning of 1992, the current company, BEZNOSKA s.r.o., was founded and took over the entire assets of the former “Surgery”, including its production program and all employees. The company’s emancipation was considerably facilitated by the circumstance that it no longer was part of the POLDI plant. However, in order to ensure full-fledged functionality of the company, it was necessary to build up a completely new marketing and economic divisions, design and development engineering, and logistics.
For the sake of better organization, the company was initially split into two independent parts: BEZNOSKA-MEDITECH s.r.o., which concentrated on commercial activities and was moved to the House of Technology (Dům techniky) in Kladno-Sítná, and BMT POLDI s.r.o., which continued to pursue activities in development and manufacture in the existing place of operation in Kladno-Kročehlavy. Both companies collaborated closely from the very beginning. Eventually, however, it proved to be constructive to merge both companies under one trade name: BEZNOSKA s.r.o. This fundamental change involved also construction of a new administrative building in Kročehlavy, thus finalizing the company’s merger to a single location and address in 1999.